breast oasis network helping to reach women around the globe
Many generous people that have teamed with Breast Oasis to help women in need. Their contributions are vital to the success of our cause and we are very excited to have their support. On behalf of women everywhere we look forward to working with you and others to strengthen the reach of Breast Oasis and help create an “oasis” for women in need.
providing new and gently used bras to women in need.
Breast Oasis is a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to supporting communities by providing women who may not be able to afford them, with clean, certified, gently used bras.
Breast Oasis is about women helping women, so please join us.
Things to know before breast enhancement surgery
Breast enhancement is a surgical procedure done for both cosmetic and medical reasons. It is more of a breast implant procedure, deemed a solution for:
- Unequally sized breasts
- Breast surgeries after medical conditions such as cancer
- Adjustment of size after pregnancy
- To look attractive
Although this procedure has high patient satisfaction rates, still one should be careful fiddling with the body.
This article is here to help you with everything you need to know about the procedure.
How the breast implant procedure is done?
The most common procedure used for breast enhancement surgery is breast augmentation. Breast augmentation is done by placing implants. The implant may be placed behind the breast tissue or the chest muscles.
An implant is a sac filled with some non-reactive such as saline salt or silicone. After giving anesthesia, the surgeon can go on with the procedure using any one of the following techniques:
- An incision is made on the underside of the breast. The implant is then placed through this incision.
- The implant can also be placed by making an incision under the arm. Then, an endoscope is used to place the implant.
- The surgeon can also make a cut close to your areola. The areola is the dark pigmented area around your nipple. And then the implant is placed through this incision.
- Another technique involves making an incision around your belly button. This is specific for saline implants. The implant is placed beneath the breast tissue using an endoscope. And it is filled with a saline solution afterward.
Is the procedure pain-free?
The most common practice is to give general anesthesia before the plastic surgery. So that you are asleep and there is absolutely no pain.
In some cases, only the breast area is anesthetized to block pain.
Will I end up having permanent scars?
Yes. The incision will become a red or pink colored elevation on your body. But it will heal. Scars will slowly fade, but never completely disappear. An average scar healing requires 18 months.
You can follow your surgeon’s guidelines to get rid of your scars faster. Such as taking a nutritious diet, exercises, drinking plenty of water, and avoiding smoking.
Where will the scars be located?
This depends on the technique your surgeon used. You will have scars around the breast if an incision was made there. Or if the underarm was used to make an incision, there will be a slow healing scar on the underside of the arm.
How much time does the whole procedure take?
Breast augmentation is an outpatient procedure. This whole procedure takes one hour on average. It may take less. Because the procedure can be done faster with a larger incision. With a smaller incision, there will be a smaller permanent scar.
There is no inpatient stay. And you will be able to go home within 2 to 3 hours of surgery.
How much will it cost in Singapore?
It depends on the type of implant used. A premium Motiva implant will cost you GSD $ 16,000 plus GST. Whereas other implants like Mentor start with GSD $ 13,000 plus GST.
How to Choose the Right Plastic Surgeon for Breast Augmentation:
You depend on the plastic surgeon and the facility handling your breast augmentation enhancement because it affects:
- The pain you experience during and after the procedure
- How large a scar you have after the procedure and how long it takes to heal
- The final results and shape of your breasts
- Whether the implant leaks inside your breast or not
That means, it matters quite a lot. How to choose the right plastic surgeon Singapore then? When going for the procedure, get done with your research before the consultation. Your research should be moving around:
The credentials of a surgeon are the first thing you should be reviewing. Make sure that the surgeon is a member of the Singapore Association of Plastic Surgeons or Singapore Medical Council. This makes him a certified surgeon.
Also, the facility you are considering should be accredited.
Even more important are the patient’s reviews. Look for the facility where your short-listed surgeons are working and its website. See what patients are saying about breast augmentation procedure and their experience.
If your potential plastic surgeon has done this surgery before, you will find reviews. Especially, when the experience of the patients had not been satisfactory.
Are there any complaints?
Look up the status of the medical license of your potential surgeons on the website of your state’s medical licensing board. You can see if there are any disciplinary actions taken against the doctor.
The first-hand account of patients’ experience
Patient reviews online can help you. But look for people in your family and friends who have gone through this procedure. An account of the first-hand experience is always the best to get you to know the surgeon’s bedside manners’.
Your consultation appointment
Your consultation appointment is your final card. Make the most out of it. Observe his rapport with his patient. See if he is well-detailed about what you ask. If you feel confident with your doctor, way to go!
Things you should consider before considering breast augmentation:
- Breast augmentation is not the solution to sagging breasts. You need a breast lift in addition to breast augmentation.
- Breast implantation hampers breastfeeding.
- Your health or medical insurance will not cover the breast implant.
- Breast augmentation is not a lifetime solution. Its average life span is 10 years. And you may be going through additional procedures in this duration.
Risks and side-effects:
- The breast may get an infection
- Numbness around the nipple or the breast
- The implant may rupture and leak
- You may experience breast tightness and mild pain
The risk-to-benefit ratio and the need for this surgery vary from person to person. Especially when your profession is depending on the way you look.
Talking about personal life and your self-confidence, it should be coming from within and not from the size of your breasts.
Therefore, it is suggested to weigh your risks against benefits.
There are many ways to contribute!
Breast Oasis and its affiliates breastaugmentationsingapore.net rely on your generosity in order to continue to serve their communities. There are many ways to offer help, we hope you are able to contribute in some way.
Every option is as equally valid and appreciated as the next. If you have a desire to help a woman in need, we hope one of these options allows you to be a part of the Breast Oasis mission.